Good Afternoon!! We are officially on spring break, and it is quite gloomy outside today. Looks like the whole week will be like that. Friday, it was sunny and 80°. My daughter and I had all the windows open, and enjoyed cleaning up the house, by 6 p.m. the temp dropped to 46 °, we call it Swinter (summer and winter in one day). Don’t have any great plans during this time off, maybe lunch with my mom and daughter and a stop at the local Marketplace where they sell vintage home décor, our favorite!! Hope everyone has a great week!!
Linking-up with Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.
THE WEATHER OUTSIDE IS:
LOL CHUCKLES AND GIGGLES:
WHAT I’M READING:
I actually went back to a book that I had not finished. J. S. Scott’s A Billionaire’s Voice. A deaf former Olympic ice skater falls for a hot looking billionaire. Romance stories always follow the same patterns, they meet, he’s rich, she’s not, she doesn’t think he would ever fall for her, he has to have her. One point they break up, then they realize they can’t live without each other, and live happily ever after. Yet I keep reading them, can’t help it, I just love a good romance 😉 I think what draws me to these stories are the characters, their occupations, and their personalities. I also look for how things are described, good dialogue and how an author incorporates gestures. Now I just need to put all this accumulated knowledge to use and write my own romance novel.
RECIPE I’VE TRIED:
This is actually something my daughter has tried, everyone loves them when she makes them. These are super easy, and super delicious!!
Easy Apple Pie Bites
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2-inch) slices
- 1 (8-ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Unwrap the crescent roll and separate the triangles.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Evenly spread butter onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle with a lot of sugar and cinnamon mixture, and sprinkle with the pecans or walnuts,
- Wash the apple and cut into 8 equal slices.
- Place a piece of apple on each triangle of dough (on a wider side) and roll it in a croissant.
- Arrange crescent roll croissant(bites) on a cookie sheet.
- Spread the remaining butter on each crescent roll croissant and sprinkle with additional sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe and photo courtesy of cakescottage.com
FAVORITE VIDEO FROM THE INTERNET:
FAVORITE PIC(s) FROM THE CAMERA:
Boys sorted out all their Lego’s by color. This is a small portion of what they actually have, each color has their own container, so much easier when they are organized like this.